Out With The Old, In With The New

Posted on 12:07 AM by JJ

Since my blog is up and running, I've decided to do away with my Facebook. One of the steps of moving along with life. Who knows one day I may have it again, but for now.. not so. The basis of this blog was to "have a clean slate" so in order to do so I'm starting over, with everything and forgetting everything else.. I guess you can call it selective amnesia. I feel a blog is more on a personal level and more of ones self, which is exactly what I need to do.. focus on me, who knows maybe Ill learn something along the way.

So, basically I have like 4 days left of work and one week left of living here. My good friend Misael is coming to stay with us for a couple of days, which is nice because he knows just how to distract me and keep me on my toes.. be it getting wasted, going out to the clubs or getting slammed by a car from behind. I enjoy his company, he can say pretty much anything and make it comical and he's a great listener when you need to talk. Our plans are in writing yet, I dont think they ever are, but as far as I know its a get drunk go out weekend. Saturday is Pride in St. Pete which I think is the only definite plan of action, it'll be nice seeing the gays before I leave. This Thursday is my friend Erin's show at the Ritz in ybor, I'm pretty excited about goin, I haven't really been able to go out an do anything lately with friends, so this is like my last little hurrah before moving back home. 

So, on another note, my mum and step dad came to pick up my bed today.. . It's a nice feeling when you know things are rolling and going on track. I haven't really decided what I'm goin to do with the rest of my things in storage Ill prob just leave em in there till I figure things out. Got my bike down there as well, I'm pretty excited to ride out there on the open roads.. its like meditation in motion. Endless roads with nothin but fields and cows. Thats what I miss most back home.. the openness of everything, the privacy of being by yourself. I cant remember the last time I was able to walk or ride a bike and just enjoy it without having worrying thoughts in the back of my head all the time. I guess theres just something about being around nature and by yourself, thats kinda lifts ya up and brings ya back level. I always thought me and my friends grew up like a Tom Sawyer story, maybe thats what I'm missing "my inner child" I guess its not a bad thing to rediscover that. All I know is that I'm ready! :)

In order to maintain this blog i've decided to purchase a camera, to keep track of what goes on down here and to share with others how things are goin. I've never owned a nice camera and I think the closest thing to one was when I bought a camera phone, clearly not even comparable, however I do like this app on my phone called toy cam, makes your photos look vintage, bout the only time I use my camera phone for is when I'm feelin artsy.

As far as other things go, I learned how to get feeds from other sites, slowly educating myself on how to do these things. Learning how to use some html and scripting. I'm not entirely unfamiliar I used it for my Myspace ages back, the context here is a bit more diverse however. But needless to say The blog is coming along. In the meantime check out some of feed subscriptions.. if your following me. Well I guess thats about it for now. Till next time - Peace and Love

No Response to "Out With The Old, In With The New"

Leave A Reply