Hey Me, Welcome Back!

Posted on 7:26 PM by JJ

So with 2 days left here in Tampa, I've been deciding which of my impossible possibilities I'd like to get started on first.. and here they are.....


1.)  Start riding my bike more. I've already mapped out some bike routes I'd like to get started on when I get home, starting from 13mi to about 40mi. I put a feed link on the right with routes and it has a pretty cool feature that lets you get an aerial view of the route and takes you through the whole thing like you would be riding in a helicopter. when you click on one of the routes a pop up will appear, click on "watch course fly by video" (you may need to install the google extension, I'm sure it'll ask you.) I bought this bike almost a year ago and excited that I'll be putting more use to it, just trying to focusing on getting more active an outdoors.

2.) Focus on my studies. So I've been outta school for about a year and about 9 months outta massage school. I've been loosing what I've learned due to the lack of work and studying. So My goal is to focus on studying at least an hour each day at the least. I think reading in general would be a benefit for myself at this point, considering I haven't read a book in like 5 years if not more. I'm goin back to school hopefully this semester or the following, so I need to refresh some things in the noggin up stairs.
 

3.) I would like to get back into art, I think I'm a pretty decent artist. Lately I've been feeling the need to express myself through some color. I kinda gave up the idea of ever living just as an artist, thought the job security wasn't there and since that thought a few years back I haven't done what I like to do the most, so for my own satisfaction and benefit I think art will be good therapy for myself, something to focus on, other than the stress's of life. I would like to learn more techniques and ways to develop a style I can call my own.

4.) Learn how to play a new instrument. So I grew up playing the sax and like most things I get bored of I stop learning. So I've decided to pick up on guitar. I figure guitar is more expressive and has more of an artistic expression because, hey you can sing with it too! So my plan is to trade in my sax for a guitar, hopefully that works out. Hey, who knows I might be able to wright a song or two later. I feel like I need to activate and stimulate all parts of my brain and I heard music makes you smarter.. I guess I'll find out.

5.) Learn more sign language. It's a very visual language and I'm a very visual person. I took a few semesters of sign in college, so I'm not completely unschooled, although I am a bit rusty. My goal is to find a group that I can sign with, the best way to learn a new language is through integration. I use to meet up at Westshore mall here in Tampa, they have a deaf meeting and I learned a lot, plus the people are really cool. I doubt I'll ever achieve the mastery of a coda, but to communicate and express in a different language is a beautiful thing.





So there you have it.. the first five off my list. I think its a good combination of mind and body. It's like a uniquely planned out meal.. I figure if I achieve high in all categories, I'll be able to achieve more in my life later. Also, I figure while I'm in Bradenton, I'll have all this time to collect hobbies and to collect my thoughts. So friends, wish me luck.. I'll try my best to post about my achievements in each subject with some pictures or video. Here's to being the man I wanna be.

No Response to "Hey Me, Welcome Back!"

Leave A Reply