Home Sweet Something

Posted on 8:27 PM by JJ

So.. It was my last day in Tampa this morning and then I made my journey back home to Bradenton. Well of course I would be locked out of the house, so I had to go to my friend Kristen's house to get the spare key. While I was there I thought I'd help out with the computer issue, with no prevail, apparently the cables outside are down.. So eventually I make it to the house, where I think my room will be somewhat prepared, I guess I was wrong. I walk in and find the place to be vomited all over by toys-r-us. So of course I have to clean..cause I cant be in a place thats in complete mayhem. So with half my stuff in my car I have to wait till the weekend to remove it and find a place where there are no places left in the house. So in the meantime I meet my longtime best friend nick, who was consoling a friend of his, apparently she was kicked out of her house.. seems like Bradenton is full of things dealing with the homeless or people moving.. so needless to say I had I left nick there to help his friend out and in the meantime I went to my dads house to get a few things from his storage, one being my saxophone that I'm gunna try to trade in for a guitar.. we'll see if that happens.. So I'm out there in Myakka.. basically the sticks, surrounded by my dad's baby coon hounds who tore my flip flops apart.. So as I'm about to leave my dad gets home with one of his buddy's and as I could have guessed before I left that he would put me to work.. so we get the mini tractor and haul about 15 30ft telephone poles off the back of his trailer.. and yes there would be flesh eating mammoth bull ants all over these damn things. So eventually I make it out of there and meet up with nick and my friend Ryan at Starbucks, catching up on times and meeting new people. what is that.. a fellow gay here in Bradenton.. he seems like a cool kid, glad I have someone to relate with while I'm down here. So after Starbucks we go to Joe's house (the gay) hang out there, however I couldn't join in on the festivities of chief big bong.. due to the lack of a job and the drug testing I'm sure I'll be dealing with.. Basically we just chewed the fat for awhile, and popped some pop-its (the little popper things that look like enlarged spermies on steroids, that explode on impact) and for a little time I didn't think about Tampa, the friends I'll miss and how life is gunna work for me here. It was nice not to be in my head and just having fun with old and new friends. Now I'm back here at the house, eatin some chicken yellow rice and figuring out what I'm gunna do tomorrow... and the plans are, to hang out with my friend Renee and Nick, possibly go see The Last Airbender and see if I can trade my sax. So here's to my first day back home, some things never change and heres to trying to change what hasn't.

No Response to "Home Sweet Something"

Leave A Reply